This past Friday night, Hollie's school held their annual infant musical. Infant = K-2. The show was fantastic, and I was amazed at how talented some of the girls are. Hollie was picked to read a poem, and she was so nervous but did really well. Brynn was loud during the concert, clapping as hard as possible and shouting "BRAVO!". She was in and out of her seat, standing, sitting, rolling...And as it always happens in these situations, there was a family sitting next to us with 2 girls around Brynn's age. They sat quietly and stayed in their seats the entire time. I made myself feel better by convincing myself that the parents must have fed the girls Benadryl prior to the concert, and the girls had some superhero ability to stay awake through it.
Here are the girls during the concert.
Saturday, both girls had birthday parties to attend, and Jax went to a friends house to hang out. It was a very "normal" sort of day. The party that I took Brynn to was outside, and the weather was gorgeous! Sunny and 20 - something or another. It felt like 80 degrees to me, but I don't know. There was a fairy who hosted the party, and she painted faces and played games with the girls for hours. I met a lot of people there, and it was a pretty fun afternoon. As we left, the mom asked Brynn if she'd like to take a piece of cake home and Brynn said "yes, my dad loves cake". Aww how sweet...until we were to the car and she said "I'm not giving this to dad, I'm eating it myself!" , even though she had already had one piece of cake plus a cupcake. Hey, don't mess with that girl's food. She fell asleep on the way home (around 4:30-ish). I woke her up when we got home and she walked in the door, and then this...I thought that benadryl trick might work for the party....nah, not really.
I could not get the kid to wake up! She ended up sleeping until Sunday morning. I guess a fairy party wears a girl out.
Jax had a good time with the boys Saturday night. The friend who invited him over is from South Africa and is into mountain biking. Jax has gone with him riding, but has decided he needs a new bike. So he is saving money and trying to decide which bike to get.
Jeff and I went to see Change Up on Sunday night. It's so nice that Jax is old enough to watch the girls for us so we can get out once in a while!




No comments:
Post a Comment