I am having my annual "Oh shit, it's December and I have not done a thing for Christmas" moment. We have no tree and no wreath, but this all changes today. I am headed out in a bit to shop for the perfect tree and trimmings. And by that, I mean a plastic tree that is under $100 and a tinsel wreath from the Hot Dollar. Okay, I said that for my husband's benefit. I know that we should not spend a lot on a tree since we already have one at home. However, I love a gorgeous Christmas tree. Flashback to my mom wanting to stop at the Christmas House in July and Kim and I whining noooooooooooo, please noooooooo........And now Kim and I both love Christmas decorations. Hmmm...maybe if I say "let's stop by the Chase" to Jeff enough, he'll start to like it eventually? (The Chase is a shopping mall that is filled with designer stores, with the exception of Kmart. And on a Kmart note - anyone ever noticed how every Kmart smells the same? It's not a stink smell, just a smell..anyway, they smell the same here!)
So, I am decorating my house today, and this weekend we make ornaments. Hollie is going to invite her friends from the street (her "friends" are teenage girls, but they love Hollie so I guess that counts) to come make ornaments with her. I am thinking we'll make some of these - love them, and they will be easy for the girls.
Instructions here:
http://www.marthastewart.com/268828/button-wreath-ornament
And for the first time, we won't be home for Christmas. We won't be home in America, or home in Sydney. We've decided to take the kids on a Christmas vacation (I'm hearing my sister say "shitters full" as I write this).
We are going to Umina Beach, about an hour and a half from Sydney. We'll be in straight up chill mode for the week. We are staying a place with lots of kid activities for the girls, and a huge BMX park for Jax. Fun, fun, fun.
Off to get our tree!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment