Monday, 6 June 2011

Australia's Biggest Morning Tea




Yesterday we went to a brunch and auction that was hosted by a coworker of Jeff's , as part of Australia's Biggest Morning Tea.  The concept is that people will host morning tea across the country and raise money, which is then donated to cancer research and patient families.

The brunch was great - mimosas (why do I start with this..hmm), sandwiches, fruit, desserts.  The crowd was also really good - a mix of Lenovo employees and the host's friends.  I met many nice people there, and Hollie made a friend as well.

We came home with 2 purchases from the auction.  There was a bag of spa treatments, and as it was presented, Hollie literally gasped and came running and begging to Jeff .  He made her do the work, placing the bids, and she was successful.  Since the other person bidding was her new friend, Hollie shared the contents of the bag with her after winning.  Fabulous of her, even though she gave up the good hair treatment that I was thinking ahead of using ....She also wanted a handmade scarf and of course Jeff cannot say no to her...so she now has a new accessory as well.

The view from the host's apartment was nothing short of spectacular....


A good day, a good cause, and I got "treatments" last night from my girl.  The pumice on my face was just....delightful : )

No comments:

Post a Comment