Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Am I living it Righ-igh-ight?

Recently, I've done a lot of thinking about my life.  Not in the "I'm so happy" or "Where the hell did I go wrong?" categories (although I do alternate with those quite frequently), but more in the I-must-be-having-a-midlife-crisis kind of way.  Am I doing what I'm meant to do?

I realized quickly that going back to work was taking over a lot of family time.  My goal was party time (I meant part time but that is too good, so I'm leaving it) but it just did not work out that way.  I must say that my management, both here and back home, were incredibly supportive, and in case they read this, they are the most awesome, dedicated and understanding people I have ever worked with.  All kidding aside - they have been great.  

For months I thought about doing a vision board, but taking the time to actually sit down and do it was a problem.  Well, actually, it was probably more related to Facebook and spending quality time with my family at night.  Watching Tosh.0 counts, right?


WHAT'S A VISION BOARD?
A vision board is simply a visual representation or collage of the things that you want to have, be, or do in your life. It consists of a poster or foam board with cut-out pictures, drawings and/or writing on it of the things that you want in your life or the things that you want to become. The purpose of a vision board is to activate the law of attraction to begin to pull things from your external environment that will enable you to realize your dream. By selecting pictures and writing that charges your emotions with feelings of passion, you will begin to manifest those things into your life

And I find this very interesting:

THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE LAW OF ATTRACTION
What exactly is the law of attraction? The law of attraction states that we attract into our lives anything that we give attention to, regardless whether it be positive or negative

With that in mind, and the fact that I want to attract positive things, I got motivated.  I sat down, cleared my mind, and thought about the things that make me happy.  I went through books and magazines and found pictures of things that gave me good feelings inside. I think I ended up with 36 pictures of Tatum Channing.  Nah, not really.  (I didn't cut them out).  This is what I ended up with:



My goal is not to become a dancing Dalai Lama.  I did find that there were distinct patterns in my pictures, though.  Spirit of community, get up off your bum (hehe) and do it!, and then the creative things that interest me.  I have three projects that are in the forefront of my mind, and I have given them a lot more thought recently, and kicked one off.  I am convinced it is the board.  Maybe I will put that picture of Tatum up after all....



No comments:

Post a Comment