Monday, 10 October 2011

And it's back to school..

The break is over and Term 4 is here.  This is a shorter term (8 weeks) and then the kids will be out of school for almost 2 months.  We are all excited to see our first Aussie summer.   I am fascinated by the idea of Christmas in summer.  


This is not my photo - it's one that I found on the internet when I looked up Christmas in Australia.  Those boys look like they are struggling to hold the girls up.  (Are they trying to be Chippendales or what?)

I get sidetracked so easily...

So back to school today for Hollie and Brynn.  Jax starts back tomorrow.  Summer uniforms for Term 4, and I am so happy to see those back.  One simple dress with a zipper in the back.  No button up shirts and dresses and tights.  Hollie needs about 15 minute per article of clothing, so I can get irritated (aka ranting, yelling, stomping, etc) in the morning before school.  This morning, however, was quite pleasant. She was dressed, had breakfast, and even helped Brynn to get ready (pink sequin shirts go with purple sweatpants don't they?).  She'll be starting piano lessons again this week, which she hasn't taken since our move, so she is excited about that.  

Jackson has not worn summer uniforms yet, because he didn't start school until Term 2, where Hollie started at the end of Term 1.  His uniform is very Boy-Scoutish.  Khaki button up shirt with tie, long khaki shorts, tall khaki socks.  The socks throw me, but once you see all of the other boys with the same clothes, you get used to it quickly.

Brynn will finish up the term at her current preschool , and will then move to the 4 year old center where the kids are prepped for kindy.  She will go there for a year and then she'll be off to Abbotsleigh with Hollie.  

Holidays are full of fun things for kids, but there has been a rash of accidents with kids over this break. A two year old girl was run over and killed by her father in our neighborhood.  We don't know the family, but my heart hurts for them and what they must be going through right now.  There's actually been four toddlers killed in the last several weeks by this happening.  I cannot imagine a worse thing as a parent, and I pray that these families are surrounded by people who love them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment