Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Mean Girls: Part 2

The reprieve from the mean girl lasted only a couple of days for Hollie.  She told me last week that she was trying really hard not to cry, but it was becoming harder.  And then she said that this girl made her feel like "a loser".  Oh HELL no!  I was at my computer emailing the teacher immediately.  I explained the situation, gave a couple of examples, and asked her these types of things were handled at school.  She responded almost immediately, and asked for a meeting in person.

We met yesterday.  I am not the first mother to come forward with a complaint about this child's behavior (shocker).  Hollie's teacher has spoken to the school psychologist and they are going to start working with the girl on behavior.  In addition, she will keep an eye on Hollie, since she knows this is going on.  She was really struck by the example of the girl sending Hollie to the wrong room for after school care, because she recognized that this took some planning / thinking ahead rather than just spouting off some nastyism on the playground.

I am happy with the actions that are being taken, and hope this will all resolve quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment