Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Pikelets

Before we moved, we would laugh about how Brynn was going to manage her pancake addiction upon moving here.  She had around a 4 pancake-a-day addiction.  She loved them so much that she would pull them directly out of the freezer and eat them just like that.  I am no great cook, and quickly resolved to buying Eggos or Aunt Jemimas after I attempted a Friday night meal of pancakes once.  My poor family.

There are no Eggos or Aunt Jemima pancakes here.  Brynn has sufficed with croissants or bagels here and there, and has developed a love of Rice Krispies.  I do love that she doesn't require anything sugary (she always had the pancakes without syrup, ..and does not eat sugar on the cereal).  Of course, this only applies when Big Daddy is not in town.  When he is here, anything is fair game for breakfast for her, including Coke, coffee, cake, and donuts.  (Dad, if you read this - It is okay, and I'd let her have that breakfast every day if you could be here with us).  Rice Krispies is actually one of the only cereals I've seen here that I recognize.  I have also seen Fruit Loops, Cheerios (although not plain - only some variation that is sort of like honey nut Cheerios) and Cocoa Krispies.  Gone are the days of Cap'n Crunch and Lucky Charms.  

Yesterday I picked Hollie up at afterschool care, as the girls were getting ready for tea. Hollie asked one of the ladies if she could have a Pikelet.   I asked what that was, and the lady said.."It's sort of a crumpet...or a pancake".. Pancake??? What!!!???  How did I not know this?  Hollie got one and insisted I try it.  Sure enough....it was like a pancake!



After googling this pikelet thing, I found something that I thought looked delicious.  I think I'll be trying these:



Pikelets, Pikelets..Everywhere!!

Off now to Woolies, where they are on sale for $1.99.  DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment