Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Medical Care

This morning, I had to take Jackson to the doctor.  He's has been having headaches for the past several weeks, and they are so intense that they cause him to get sick.  I finally decided a few weeks of it warranted a visit to see the doctor.

When I called for the appointment, they did not ask why I needed bring Jackson in.  I thought it was odd, but then I thought..well, that makes sense.  Why DO we have to go into detail on the reason we are coming in?  It's not as though when I call the kids doctor back home and tell them they have a sore throat, the strep test is out and waiting in the room when we get there.

The doctors here don't use their title with their name.  This morning, the doctor introduced herself as Caroline Jenner.  Same with the orthodontist.  "Hi, I'm Derek"...and I was flashing to Grey's because he actually looked like McDreamy...

The doctors come out and get you themselves.  I didn't see any nurses there.  Maybe this is specific to the practice, I'm not sure.  But there were about 8 doctors and no nurses.

The family doctors see everyone - kids and adults.

Caroline turned out to be great.  She spent a lot of time looking him over, and gave him various neurological tests.  She said that he showed no signs of tumors, but all signs of migraines.  My poor boy, I hate that he is going to have to deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment